Sunday 30 August 2015

Malvern Rocks Festival 2015


Nags Head Sunday 2nd August.


                                                             Picture by Duncan Graves.
     
        Tim,Me,Joe & Vinnie.
           
    1pm on August 4th saw the return of me to the Nags Head in Malvern for its annual music festival which is now in its fourth year. This year it was in aid of the charities acorns and St Richards Hospice. Doing something in aid of St Richards hospice was particularly gratifying  as I was heavily involved in building Worcester's St Richards Hospice due to being a bricklayer on the books of the Malvern firm that got the contract to build it. There wasn't a part of it that did did not have my hand on it doing some form of construction inside or out and was the last builder on the place finishing off or correcting any of the brickwork and paving. I was there just after the foundations & footings were put in in Nov 2005 and left October 2006 to work on another hospice at Wellington near Telford. Building and construction is not a particularly fair environment and I don't mention my time in construction due to this, however it was nice that some years later I now sit on a board of governors and had to vote on wether they received multi million pounds worth of construction contracts from where I work. I voted for them to get the contracts, not to prove I'm not vindictive but to ensure friends I made with the firm stayed in work.   

                                                            Picture by Duncan Graves.

        Joe.                                 Vinnie.


      Been a solo performer for sometime now but this saw a new development in that my son has evolved into a very good drummer and at a very young age and has now joined me and his Uncle Tim and the colossal guitar talent that is Vinnie Liotta  into forming a full band which will be gigging next year.  


                                                                       Picture by Duncan Graves.
               
                               With my wood stained custom Shadow Guitar

Set List.


Esperanto,

Into the Wilderness,

Chance Upon Bevere Green,

Captain Nemo's Nautilus,

Mademoiselle Isobel,

Sea Clipper,

Via Vallencheros,

The Blue Hour, ( With Joe, Tim & Vinnie )

Wear this Crown of Thorns,

Moonfleet.

                                                                                                               

                   
                 
                   Tim.                                        Me.                                Joe.


Gear List.


Shadow 2eq5 custom guitar,

Vox Valvetronix 120 amp;

Planet Waves Leads,

Mahogany Tone Picks.



                                         

                  Playing "Wear this Crown of Thorns" video courtesy of my youngest son Sam :)
              


             
                                                                         Picture by Duncan Graves.

                             Thanks for taking the time to read my blog,

                                       Cheers Rich :@))

No comments:

Post a Comment