Sunday 27 July 2014

Malvern rocks festival 2014

Playing the Malvern rocks festival.

Played the Beauchamp Arms, Malvern Link, Worcestershire on Friday 25th July





                                                                     
                                                                  Kicking of my set with Esperanto(hopeful)



This year on the Malvern Rocks Festival, I had the privilege of playing at the Beauchamp Arms in Malvern Link. Like most venues locally the gig was played in a function room / skittle ally (skittles being a preserve of the west midlands, though diminishing over the years). Billed to go on at eight, a quick run through with the sound engineer and also a sound guy (a Mr JM Charles)  and I was away.                                                       
Though I always appear as a one man band with a guitar and drum machine;it doesn't matter to how few or how many people that are played to, I believe a good gig is if the performance was able to communicate what it intended  too. This happens due to a sound engineer being on the ball. My relience on these guy's cannot be understated enough so a big hats of to JM Charles for getting my equalisation's right.

   
    

I was billed with two other bands;unforeseen circumstances meant that both bands had to pull out which was a shame and especially in the case of the Massive head trauma guy's , as the bassist went down with heat stroke (we are experiencing a very hot summer again) and hope he recovers soon;The meet of their lead singer was I nice highlight of many highlights that evening , a certain Reverend Genges Memphis (Gary Lewis) who turns out to be ex British armed forces (as myself) and a nice bit of banter was exchanged.







 Set list.

Esperanto(hopeful)

Asturius/Climb a white spider

Chance upon Bevere green

A patch of blue sky

Sinfonia/Wear this crown of thorns

Mademoiselle Isobel

The Blue Hour

Via Vallencheros

Moonfleet

Col du tourmalet






The Blue Hour.one of my longer compositions. Breaks up the set from the speedier more technical tunes that I do. This number also allows me to break out my Jim Dunlop cry baby wah wah which I've      had in my possession since 1985!!!                                                      

                                                                
      








Gear list

Fender squire custom telecaster

Peavey bravo valve amp

Jim Dunlop cry baby wah wah

Boss loop station

Zoom rhythm trak 123 drum machine

Planet wave leads

Mahogany tone picks

















Finishing the set of with Moonfleet, though an unexpected additional tune was played (Col du Tourmalet) as there was band issues with the following acts.






           


  Really nice too have a decent bat with me tunes;big thanks to the Malvern rocks organisers for letting me play on it again this year,and cool to get acquainted with new friends.Great that my daughter and one of my son's came with me and watched and especially my great friend and climbing oppo Dunk Graves and my great friend and guitar mentor Vinnie Liotta came and supported as well. Due to the age of my children we could only stay until a certain time so it was a nice late summer evening drive to a country pub.

                             Cheers for taking the time to read my blog;

                                                 Thanks Rich:@))    


No comments:

Post a Comment