Sunday 18 August 2013

Esperanto (Hopeful)

Esperanto " one who hopes or hopeful " is a composition that was recorded about a year or so back. The use of the title was because it added to the uplifting feel behind the composition. The intention at the time of recording the tune , was as an opening track to an impending album. This will alter as I am also working on an EP with a concept of a beginning middle end and aftermath of a relationship. 






Esperanto (Hopeful) < Please click on the highlighted title to your left to hear the recorded version of this composition. The video above has the main elements of the track but I also bring a different dimension so as I can perform it live.
 
      The composition structure starts with a tapping sequence that  I discard for live performances as I don't want to use the technique as often as I actually do. The next part and the main rhythm is a brash F, Bb, G progression that is the intro for live shows, this shows my Pixies influence of which I have always been a strong admirer of this band. This intro is the same as the Pixies song "Debaser (a tune that I played and sung live, along with where is my mind ) The main melody then comes in which is an arpeggiated motif which is not dissimilar to one I use on another composition of mine," Moonfleet" From this the use of the circle of 4ths are brought into play with declining scalier motifs which then lead do declining diads. The composition the repeats using the same motifs but in different octaves around the neck. The composition was done in the key of F major.

                    Cheers for taking the time to read this blog
                                 
                                              Riche :@))
         

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff mate! Let's play together soon Riche! :)
    From Dec x

    ReplyDelete